Sunday, September 18, 2011

My babies are in preschool...

There are moments that I am in awe with how much the boys have grown. Like when they say 4to5 word sentence. Or when they point out shapes, colors, and animals in the car. Then within moments they will have a tantrum or trip and I am reminded that they are still so little. I am savoring both their want to be more independent (even though it means more messes for me to clean) and their need to snuggle and continue to be my little babies.

Will and Ben started preschool at the beginning of the month. With their second birthday just weeks before school they are definitely on the younger side. They are excited to go to school. When you ask them what their favorite part of school is Ben will say one teacher's name and Will will say the other teacher's name. They love being there...as long as I am right by their side. I knew they'd be apprehensive about me leaving, so I volunteered to be the classroom helper the first few days.

They've had regular babysitters since they were a few weeks old, but this is the first time I am leaving them somewhere besides their house and without big sister to comfort them. I know in time they both will be just fine and this will be a thing of the past. I'm just ready to have a smooth transition for all of us! I started to ask them when I leave to go anywhere "What does mommy always do?!" to which they respond "Mommy always comes back". Let's hope this little mantra gives them comfort. :)

Now here are some funny things they are doing:
Will -
  • He likes to try and tell a knock knock joke. He doesn't have the punch line exactly right, but he does a lot of "knock knock...banana...knock knock...orange!!!" and starts to giggle.
  • If you say "I love you Will." He'll get a huge grin on his face and say, "I love you most!!!"
  • Today we were playing duck duck goose. I told him to sit in a circle and he insisted we sit in a triangle instead.
  • Will learned that if you say freeze or stop and hold your hand up like a stop sign, Dad will stop in his tracks. Thus Will loves to yell "Stop dad. Freeze dad" all night long.

Ben -
  • If you here someone apologize it's Ben. He says "Sorry mom," out of no where almost all day. It's great because he ducks his head and sounds so sincere. I assume it's because he's done something wrong and I just haven't figured out what yet...
  • He changed the chant "Go Big Red" to "Go Big T-Rex!" and cheers on T-Rex all day.
  • He loves to sing. He will sing his heart out and often times get the words right!
  • Anything Josie does, Ben is her shadow. Josie tripped over a toy in the backyard and two seconds later Ben purposely tripped over the same toy. Then he jumps up and says "I'm Okay Mom. I'm Okay!"


Will and Ben outside their classroom!

Will and Ben posing at preschool orientation.

Ben and Will soaking it all in!

Ben first day of school!

Will (showing his muscles) on the first day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment