Friday, March 18, 2011

Boys will be boys...

Ben - I took this today! He is feeling better. The kid cracks me up. I told the kids we were going to get dressed and go outside. So what does Ben do?! He grabs a necklace and his coat!


This picture of Josie and Will is from earlier this week. We were playing with shaving cream and I made the mistake of mentioning that our "paint" was the same thing daddy shaved his face with. Next thing I know, Will started to put on his face. I guess he was listening. Josie had to follow suit.

My friend Nikki took this a couple of weeks ago. Will is in the footballs. This is how the boys are on a good week. No space boundaries.


This was a really long week. Ben had his second cold over a three week period. Each cold lasts at least five days, which feels like a century. Ben is not the best sick kid...in fact out of three he is most needing of my attention.

Today was the first day Ben finally seemed to turn the corner. He no longer has a fever, just snot flooding from his nose. Unfortunately it was also the first day Will had a fever and started showing definite symptoms of catching the cold his brother had. (Looks like our lessons of sharing are finally starting to click!) Poor Will just wanted some mama loving and Ben was not willing to share me. Every time Will would crawl into my lap to join on the snuggle, Ben pushed him away (OK so I lied about the boys understanding how to share).

But here is the thing... while I heard more crying this week than normal, the little moments out weigh the tiring ones. I think that's the best part about being a mom. A smirk, a new move (the boys now do fist bumps), or a snotty kiss make it all worth while.


1 comment:

  1. You are the sweetest mom. And I'm so glad you're getting snuggles. But boo to snot and sick kids. :( glad ben is on the mend! Hoping for 100% for all three kids asap!!!

    ReplyDelete