Wednesday, February 6, 2013

God made me that way...

People tell me all the time they can't tell the boys a part at first glance. Once you get them talking about their likes and dislikes it's pretty easy to identify who is who. Actually, once you get them speaking at all you can tell. Will has this husky deeper voice and Ben tends to shriek when he gets excited.

This morning as we walked into Josie's school Ben said in almost a whisper, "I like princesses because God made me that way." It was like he was processing it. It made me happy to know that he knows liking princesses is just fine and who he is. It also made me ache as I know that he has been asked why he likes pink and princesses. A little girl in his dance class told him he couldn't like Aurora because it was a "girl" toy. It was during class so I wasn't in the room. He told me about it afterwards. I asked him how he responded and he said, "Boys can like things that girls do." Pretty smart for three....

Ben in our Princess Tiana hotel room. He was in heaven. 


1 comment: