Monday, May 14, 2012

Wild Wild Will

 Will showing Ben some love and sharing his car. 



Ben and Will playing on mom's iPad. Will is definitely techie. 


Will in Grandpa's chair. He loves this spot.  


Ready for the pool!


Will is in love with jumping off things. He tries to jump off the couch, bed, or stairs before I catch him and say no. We made a deal that he could jump two steps on the stairs. One day last week I rounded the corner to Will attempting to jump four steps high. Will is the only one who has had stitches and I'm pretty sure he'll break a bone if he doesn't listen to me sooner than later. How many times do I need to read "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" before it sticks!?

Will was so excited on the way down to KC he refused to take a nap. He was bouncing off his car seat. We weren't too concerned as we knew he would eventually fall asleep. That is until we heard, "tickle tickle Ben. Ben wake up!" Will figured if he couldn't sleep nobody should! When we went to the Great Wolf Lodge, Will was in his glory. He absolutely loved the water slides. For three hours straight one of us caught Will at the bottom of the toddler water slide and he would march back up to the top by himself and do it again.

While he can come across as so confident in this rambunctious moments, he is more timid than his brother in social settings. He'd prefer to have mom or dad right by his side when we are out. Recently I noticed it isn't even us so much that he needs, sometimes he just needs Ben. Last week at school when I said good bye I noticed Will grabbed Ben's hand. It melted my heart and made me so happy to realize he could find the needed comfort in his sidekick. Later in the week, his teacher told me that normally the boys don't care where they sit at snack time. But Will was positive that he needed to sit next to Ben. The teacher had to move a kid over and slide another chair next to Ben to make it happen.

Love you William!



No comments:

Post a Comment